October 24, 2010

Righteous Lie by Plato Factory

Righteous Lie by Plato Factory
Writing songs probably is the most gratifying process for me.  Really enjoy quite a lot of transforming a sentiment into a piece of melody.  It's a creative way to tell a story.  Once someone commented that you couldn't sing and play but wrote great songs.  Like Bob Dylan.  Okay take it as a compliment.  By the way, Dylan is one of the most treasure musicians in rock history.

The song came about when Marvin sent me a basic rhythm guitar track and asked me what can come up with.  Didn't get a chance to work on it until decided have to get this out of my desk by Thanksgiving.  So sat down jamming and ran a few takes. Everything was a quick blur.  The melody was born.  The vocal track in the recording was done during that quick process.  It was surprisingly good and emotionally explosive so left it untouched.  And Marvin complemented the song with a pretty good bass line.

The sentiment behind the song is an anguish.  When a lie is camouflaged with a self-righteous agenda and deployed at all costs, you can't just walk away from the destruction and wash your hands clean.  We all have to surrender to the final judgment day in the end.  Will you have peace?






Righteous Lie

What have you done, my son
The road you’ve chosen ain’t quite right
Everything you did has its price
I’m not ready to give up this fight

Have I told you it would be this way
Everybody said it's just never gonna last

Crucify me, crucify you
Not my cross to bear
The rich eats the poor
Who wins, who loses
Swallow your pride
Silence the truth

What was done you can’t take back
What was said can’t be undone

Sorrows come in battalions
Truth to the end of reckoning
Righteous pride outweighs regrets

Take it, my love
Take it, my love

Have I told you it would end this way
Have I told you it would never last


Music by Plato Factory & Marvin Lee
Guitars by Plato Factory & Marvin Lee
Bass by Marvin Lee
Keys & vocal by Plato Factory

Sound Check

  • Who Gives A DamnWho Gives A Damn

    The catchy hook in this upbeat pop song will make you sing along.

  • Drama QueenDrama Queen

    Classic rock ballad. Start off with soft pickings of acoustic guitar and end with passionate electric guitar solo.

  • Les MiserablesLes Miserables

    A blend of rock, techno and poetry. Song inspired by Victor Hugo.